The NABIS Intelligence Cell brings together partners from the National Crime Agency (NCA), UK Border Force (BF), West Midlands Police (WMP), Greater Manchester Police (GMP) and the Metropolitan Police Service (MPS).
The NABIS Intelligence Cell has responsibility for:
- Developing, understanding and disseminating strategic and tactical intelligence related to firearms criminality.
- Developing and delivering intelligence products for forces/agencies on a regular basis.
- Ensuring that once a ballistic connection has been established, a NABIS intelligence dissemination package is prepared and forwarded to the relevant force/agency.
- Producing and disseminating a quarterly intelligence bulletin for forces/agencies which details firearms movements within and between forces, inferred firearms, UKBA recoveries and any incidents/operations of note during the reporting period.
- Issuing national problem profiles, officer safety information bulletins and intelligence alerts as and when required.
- Tactically the NABIS Intelligence Cell will ensure that once a ballistic connection has been established by one of the NABIS Hubs a dissemination package will be prepared and forwarded to the relevant organisation or organisations.
- The NABIS Intelligence Cell will issue a quarterly bulletin to forces and agencies. This strategic report will include information relating to firearms movements within and between forces
- The NABIS Intelligence Cell will periodically issue national problem profiles, officer safety information bulletins and intelligence alerts as and when required.
NABIS in the news
Many Firearms Already Handed In During Gun Surrender 21st November 2017Continue Reading